Coconut oil has been used in tropical cultures for several thousand years. Coconut oils fats and nutrients make it one of the best health changes that can be easily and inexpensively made in modern times.
Coconut oil fats differ greatly from unhealthy fats and unsaturated fats. This is because it has a different fat molecule structure than unhealthy fats. Most consumable fats are long-chain fatty acids, but coconut oil actually has medium-chain fatty acids. The human body breaks down fats based on the size of the fatty acid chain. The healthy benefits of coconut oil are derived from the medium-chain fatty acids, which does not negatively impact cholesterol levels and thus lowers the risks associated with heart disease.
Here are some benefits of using pure and natural coconut oil (for more details, see: 10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil )
1. Coconut oil contains a unique combination of fatty acids with powerful medicinal properties
2. Populations that eat a lot of coconut are among the healthiest people on the planet
3. Coconut oil can increase your energy expenditure, helping you burn more fat
4. The Lauric Acid in coconut oil can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi, helping to stave off infections
5. Coconut oil can kill your hunger, making you eat less without even trying
6. The fatty acids in coconut oil are turned into ketones, which can reduce seizures
7. Coconut oil can improve blood cholesterol levels and may lower your risk of heart disease
8. Coconut oil can protect hair against damage, moisturize skin and function as sunscreen
9. The fatty acids in coconut oil can boost brain function in alzheimer’s patients
10. Coconut oil can help you lose fat, especially the dangerous fat in your abdominal cavity